2021 LBCA Foundation Grants
The Lake Burton Civic Association Foundation works hard to be a good community partner with Rabun County. One way the LBCA strives to help its neighbors is with the Foundation Grants program. Each year, the LBCA Foundation gives out grants to local nonprofits to help them in their mission. Along with the smaller grants, an Impact Grant, of $10,000, is given to one nonprofit each year.
The 2021 Impact Grant recipient was Community Dental. Read more about their mission here.
The 2021 awards were the largest in total of any prior year in the Foundation's history. Member donations, fundraisers (Tour Homes , Golf Tournament, Book Sales) all played a role in making the difference in the additional grants this year. In addition, the new sustaining memberships have contributed to Foundation funds for grants.
Grants Awarded for 2021
- LBCA Impact Award/Community Dental, $10,000
- Camp Evergreen, $2000
- FAITH, $5000
- Food Bank of North Georgia Community Pantry, $1000
- Habitat for Humanity® of Rabun County, $3000
- Lake Burton Fun Run, $1000
- CASA, $2000
- Richard's Kids, $2000
- Sid Weber Cancer Fund, $2250
- Ferst Readers Program, $1000
- RAP Program, $500
- Rabun Paws for Life, $1000
- Save the Hemlocks, $1000
- Georgia Forest Watch, $1000
- Georgia River Network, $1000
- Chattooga Conservancy, $1000
- Mountain Education School/Tiger, $250
- Total Donations for 2021, $40,000